Registration is now open for four online Sibelius courses in 2014 headed by Katie Wardrobe of Midnight Music. The courses are Sibelius Basics, Speedy Arranging with Sibelius, Sibelius Advanced, and Sibelius Projects for Students.
- Course assumes no prior knowledge
- Learn how to set up a score, input notes, select music, copy, paste and more
- For teachers who want to brush up their skills
- For composers and arrangers who want to get started with creating their own digital scores and backing tracks
- For senior or tertiary level students who need to notate compositions or complete music assignments
- Get notes into your score quickly with MIDI import, scanning, or recording live with a MIDI keyboard
- Time-saving plug-ins and tips
- For music teachers and ensemble directors
- For arrangers, composers and transcribers
- Discover the best ways to layout and format your score
- Learn about house styles, how to create your own manuscript templates and tips for working with instrumental parts
- Drum notation from scratch, playback tricks, setting up your own shortcuts, filtering, and time-saving plugins
- For those relatively comfortable using Sibelius but have ever struggled with formatting scores
- For those who would like to know how to do things more quickly and effectively
- Ideas for using Sibelius in the classroom
- A range of more than 35 progressive notation-based activities
- For teachers who want to introduce notation software to their students
- For teachers that want to enhance music literacy skills in their classes
- For teachers who would like to explore film composing with students
- For teachers working with upper-level students who need to submit assessments that incorporate notation
- For teachers who want their students to learn notation software skills “accidentally”
The cost for each course is AUD $240 for the live online course, or AUD $175 for a replay pass. Full details about these options and complete course outlines are explained on each course’s web page.
If you aren’t already familiar with Katie through her tutorial videos, she is an excellent music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers. Katie is a qualified teacher and has worked in a variety of music and education-related workplaces, including Sibelius Australia and Orchestra Victoria. She has also worked as a freelance copyist, music arranger and transcriber for more than 20 years and is an Executive member of the Music Arrangers Guild of Australia. She’s presented at more than 30 music and education-related conferences and events and has run workshops at more than 50 schools throughout Australia.
You can find many more of Katie’s tips, tutorials, and articles on the Midnight Music web site. If you participate in the courses, let us know how they go!