Happy New Year, everyone!
Registration is now open for several one-day Sibelius training courses at the Commercial Music Lab in southern California. There are several levels of courses that take place throughout the first part of 2013 depending on the students’ experience with Sibelius.
The first of these is just a few weeks away, on Saturday, January 19, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Course curriculum includes:
- Getting started without using the mouse for every operation
- Explore the interface, main score window, ribbon, tabs, buttons and tools
- Basics of Sibelius playback
- Making selections
- Creating a new score
- Adding time signatures, key signatures, and new instruments to the score
- Adding and deleting bars
- Entering notes, with emphasis on shortcut key note entry
- Basic editing techniques for moving, changing, and deleting notes
- Basic lines, markings, symbols, and text
- Copy, paste, and repeat
- Entering simple tuplets
Course instructor Jenny Amaya’s background includes degrees in music composition and commercial music. She has been a product specialist for Sibelius, is Pro Tools certified and is an Avid Certified Instructor.
If you take one or more of these courses, please let us know how it goes!