Registration is open for a variety of summer in-person courses at The Synthesis / MIDI Workshop in Carson, Washington. Mike Klinger, the instructor of the courses, has been teaching music technology and helping educators and institutions make the most of music technology for more than 40 years.
The courses are:
- Teaching Music Using Technology in the Classroom: July 8-11, 2014
- Digital Audio Recording/Editing Using Pro Tools: July 15-18, 2014
- Sibelius 7 for Beginners: July 29-30, 2014
- Sibelius 7 Advanced: July 31-August 1, 2014
- Digital Songwriting & Production Workshop: August 5-8, 2014
- iPads in the Music Classroom: August 12-15, 2014
About his technology retreat, Mike says:
Located 50 miles east of Portland, Oregon in the beautiful Pacific NW Columbia River Gorge, the retreat center is only a 1 hour drive from the Portland airport. I carefully designed this 3800 square foot facility as a haven where music educators could come and study music technology in a peaceful, forest setting. It is equipped with a 12-station state of the art computer lab complete with hi-speed Internet and all of the latest music software and hardware.
If you can’t make it out to his retreat, you can study with Mike online in these courses starting June 23, 2014:
Visit the site for more information about these courses and for registration and pricing details, including a special $100 off offer for early registration by April 30 for any of the 4-day in-person workshops.
Are you teaching any courses in the NYC area this summer?
Ron: Thanks for your interest! Nothing planned yet, but if something is in the works, I’ll surely announce it here.