Yesterday Avid released an update to Avid Scorch, its iPad app for viewing and playing Sibelius files. Version 1.2 brings Retina support to supported iPads, as well as score sharing, staff resizing, and tempo display; it also allows import of MusicXML files, and includes many other fixes and stability improvements.
Avid’s Sam Butler further notes the following regarding cover art and example scores:
After updating to the new version, you may find the cover art for the example scores is not at the full resolution. This is due to the older version of the graphic still being in use. To resolve this, delete the old example scores and then restore them from the Avid Scorch Settings.
To delete the old example scores:
- From the Scorch Shelf, touch Edit, delete the scores you want to update and touch Done
To restore the new versions of the example scores:
- Quit Avid Scorch
- Go to the Settings app and select Avid Scorch
- Set Restore default scores to On
- Re-open Avid Scorch
The cover art for scores purchased in the Scorch Store will remain at the lower resolution until the publishers updates the graphics on their servers. Once this is done, you can delete the scores and redownload them by doing this:
- From the Scorch Shelf, touch Edit, delete the scores you want to update, and touch Done
- Tap Scorch Store and go to Purchases
- Sign in if you need to and when you see all the scores you have purchased, tap Redownload
Once you’re up and running with the update, you’ll notice this “score” on your bookshelf:
Tap it to read fully illustrated details on how to use Avid Scorch on your iPad.
Avid Scorch is available for $1.99 through the Apple iTunes Store and requires iOS 5.0 or later.